Wednesday, August 12, 2009


Happy Wednesday! I had a special occasion for this week's challenge card which makes it even more fun to make. Last week, I bought tickets to take my ten year-old niece to see Hannah Montana in concert when she comes to Greensboro, NC in November. I'm really excited and hope that she is too. I made this card to give her to let her know we're going. My last concert was an Amy Grant show in the mid-90's so I'm a little out of practice when it comes to concerts, but I think it will be great fun to take Helen to see a singer she enjoys so much. A good friend of mine suggested that, to really be "cool Aunt Hopey," I will have to dress like Hannah Montana before the concert. I think I will compromise and get a mullet like Billy Ray instead! Ha!

I had a nice surprise when I opened my mailbox yesterday. There was a Take Ten, Autumn edition, magazine there. Well, I knew right away that I must have a card published inside because I don't subscribe to Take Ten anymore, although I do subscribe to Stamper's Sampler. So, as you can imagine, I stood right in the street flipping the pages until I found my Turtle Tots card on page 73. What fun! Then, that night, I was reading the magazine before I went to sleep and was shocked to see that all three cards on page 106 were Stamping Bella teacup cards that I made! Wow! My name was at the top of the page and everything. I'm glad I didn't see that when I was standing in the street, there's no telling what I would have done! LOL!

Stamps: RockaBella and sentiment by Stamping Bella
Papers: SU Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, Cameo Coral, Tempting Turquoise, dp, and PTI SS White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: copics, nestabilities, SU punches, Stamping Bella glitter dots, pop dots

Hope

5 comments:

arlene said...

What a nice surprise to see yourself in print-Congratulations.

I'm sure you'll have fun at the concert & what an awesome aunt you are. (Not to mention brave going to Hanna Montana). Can't even remember the last concert I went to.

Janet said...

awwwwwww you are a cool aunt too! My nephews first concert was Iron Maiden:) My nieces both came with me to see Motley Crue!! :)

i love your card by the way!! ;)

hugs

pat said...

Wish you were my aunt Hope!!
I'm sure you both will have a great time...and what great memories she'll have of you two.
love the card too!!

Sparkle said...

Congrats Hope! How exciting! Your card is just darling and you'll have a blast at the concert! :)

Sharli said...

Wow, Congratulations!!! Now I must run out and get that one!

I love visiting your blog -