Monday, May 25, 2009

Keepsake Boxes



We will be spending this afternoon with my nieces, celebrating my older niece's tenth birthday. Hooray for double digits! I have been thinking of something fun that I could take them, something silly to give each of them. So I took out these containers that originally contained some Stamping Bella embellishments and altered them. I started by spelling out "My Stuff" with my Just-Rite stampers and stamping it on coasters with Staz-on ink. Then I used my new CTMH button stamps and some Staz-on ink to decorate around the words. I colored the buttons with Koh-i-nor pencils, cut out the circles, and glued one in the bottom of each tin. Because every little girl (and big girl!) loves a little bling, I glued a circle of Stamping Bella bling around the edge of each coaster cutout.

Next, I chose favorite pictures of the girls--pictures from our Christmas trip to the beach. I cut out each one and used my SU Crystal Effects to glue them to the inside of each lid. The last step was to wrap ribbon around the containers. I hope the girls will use these to hide important found objects, such as keys, shells, and buttons. But, whatever they do with them, I hope they enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them for them! Happy Birthday, Helen!!

Hope

3 comments:

Janet said...

these are great! i love them!!

Giffysk8s said...

Hope, these are perfect for girls~little ones and big ones! LOL I am sure they'll love the, You must be their favorite auntie!

Sparkle said...

These are just darling!