Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Funky Flamenca

Happy April Fools' Day! There are so many days that I miss being in the third grade classroom. April Fools' Day is one of them, oh my! I love telling jokes with the kids anyway and they love April Fools' Day. Second and Third Graders as a rule have such a funny sense of a humor. I miss them! The women in my office just aren't up for a good April Fools' Day joke, you know how that goes. LOL! I hope you had a great AF Day!

So, I took my humor out on this color challenge card. We were going through the rainbow, but somehow I took a sidetrack. I really wanted to color Flamenca's skirt in a rich grayish black gradient. Then I thought, well, let's just go with black as the feature color! So here we are. As an optional challenge, I've asked the sistahs to use ribbon or polka-dotted ribbon, on their cards.

Stamp: Flamenca Ketto by Stamping Bella, SU Back to Basics
Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black, PTI Hibiscus Burst
Papers: SU Basic Black, PTI Hibiscus Burst, SS White
Accessories: Copic Markers, nestabilities, Stamping Bella bling, Taylored Expressions ribbon, stamping dimensionals, SU punch, CB embossing folders

4 comments:

pat said...

This is way cute...I love her dress!

Tammi said...

Fun image, cute card! Love all the polka dots on your card!

Janet said...

what a cute card! Black is my fave colour so this will be easy ;)
hugs

Jenn said...

Oh I love it! Such a great sketch and your coloring is superb! :)