Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Rain Dance

Today I stopped by my LSS for my monthly Copic Sketch marker hook-up. Oh, they really have my number! Ever since my store started carrying their Copic Marker promotion, I have been picking up about 4 a month and I have really enjoyed having the new colors in my collection.

Anyway, the first thing I saw when I walked in the door was not new markers, no...it was new papers! And, they are so cute! They are called, "It's Raining, It's Pouring" and they are by the Piggy Tales people. I love them! I bought one of each piece--they have flowers, stripes, raindrops, and even one piece with umbrellas and a piece with rainboots on it. Too cute!

So I made this card for the sketch challenge. I wanted to add flowers or buttons or something, I tried. But the paper is so busy that everything just looked like one step too much. Sigh...I guess I will stop here. What do you think? I didn't even get to use the rainboot paper! I will, and soon! It's so cute!

Stamp: Belinda Bumbershoots by Chichiboulie for Stamping Bella
Ink: Adiorondack Pitch Black
Papers: SU YoYo Yellow, It's Raining, It's Pouring dp by Piggy Tales, PTI SS White
Accessories: Copic Markers, Stickles, SU ribbon

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Hope I love it, the colors are fabulous!!

Janet said...

very cute card! i love it:)

Giffysk8s said...

A perfect card for spring showers! I need bright and cheery after this long winter. :) I sure would love to have rain gear as cute as Belinda's. Did you get your markers, too?

Chichiboulie said...

Ooop eeps! How did you control yourself in front of that paper? It sounds just like something I would love!!

Belinda looks gorgeous btw. You did a wonderful job. I'm going to have to take a photo for you of me in my wellies... you may discover my inspiration! :D

Sparkle said...

Your card is darling! April Showers bring May Flowers, lol. I wish I had a place that sold Copics! :)

Jenn said...

Love it! :D