Sunday, March 22, 2009

Polka-dot Peek-a-boo

I write and edit books for teachers and students. There is nothing, almost nothing, the editors in my office love more than a good, alliterative, cheesy title. Well, I think I found one here, don't you? Now I just have to figure out how to use it in an upcoming publication. LOL!

This was my first time with the Polka Dot Basics set from PTI. It was really easy to use, I'm happy with the way it turned out. I'll be using it a lot, I think.

Yesterday, I took some photos of the blooms that are showing up all over our yard. I won't bore you with many, but here are a few.


This is a close-up of the blooms on our tulip tree. This tree and the dogwoods are my favorite trees in our yard. Some people call tulip trees tulip magnolia trees, I think.


These are the grape hyacinths that border many of the gardens in our yard. We planted them about four years and many of them still come up and look so beautiful. That's what keeps me from digging them all up and replacing them--good reason, huh? :)

Here are the daffodils from one corner of our driveway. My dad planted them for us, aren't them beautiful? That's it for spring from North Carolina. hope you're having a beautiful spring wherever you are!

Stamps: Whiff of Joy Mouse, PTI Polka Dot Basics
Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black, SU Craft White Ink
Papers: SU Only Orange, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, and PTI SS white
Accessories: Corner rounder, Copic Markers, Paper Piercing kit, Stamping Bella dots, stamping dimensionals, SU ribbon

5 comments:

Jamie said...

So cute Hope, I love the title. Lucky you that you are getting flowers, I havn't seen any yet :(.

Giffysk8s said...

I am ROFL over the title! You are so right about editors loving cheesy titles!

I LOVE your photos of your flowers. Not only do my cards want to be YOUR cards when they grow up, but now my yard wants to be your yard. :)

Sparkle said...

Your card is adorable! I love that little mousey! :) Daffodils are my favorite flowers! Your flowers are so pretty!

Laurel said...

Adorable!

Christy said...

It is so sweet to share some spring. :) Notice the alliteration, there? LOL

Have a wonderful weekend, darlink! :)
Christy