Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Bit Different


Do you ever just want to do something different with your cards? Well, I do, but I love making cards with the character images that I have so fallen in love with. Plus, I've already invested so much in them! :) But, I did try to stretch a little bit on this card, can you tell?

I pulled the stapler over from the office supply drawer and used to attach the ribbon and the sentiment and I stamped the Aqua Mist background with my Versamark pad (instead of Cuttlebuggin'). I used to use that Versamark pad all the time and I think I'll try to get to it a bit more frequently.

There's a secret about this card. Look at it again, can you tell? I colored her hair with blue-violet markers! I tried several shades of black and gray, but this is what I finally settled on. I think it worked out well.

Today, we are watching the semi-finals for the ACC basketball tournament. My husband and I pretty much have to watch in separate rooms because he cheers for the Carolina Tarheels (after NC State is out) and I do not. At all. We stay happier if I am not in the room with him as they win and win and win. Here's hoping that someone finds a way to overcome! Have a great weekend!

Stamps: Gorjuss Girls, set 1, from Sugar Nellie stamps; sentiment from PTI; SU Background Basics
Ink: VersaMark, Adirondack Pitch Black
Papers: SU Night of Navy; PTI Aqua Mist, SS White; Heidi Grace Designs dp
Accessories: copic Markers, nestabilities, edge distressor, stapler, SU ribbon, Primas, Stamping Bella dots, stamping dimensionals

2 comments:

Janet said...

super cute! i love it!

Tori Wild said...

What an adorable image and I always love using staples to attach ribbons! Very cute card Hope!