Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Flowers for You

Today was a rough day. I want to keep my blog focused on stamping and fun, so I don't like to dwell on real life too much, but today was real life. We had layoffs in my office and several of my longtime friends, as well as several new friends, were impacted. It could so easily have been me, I don't know why it wasn't. It was hard and my prayers are with those folks tonight. I just don't know where this economy is going to take us. I hope that you and your family are safe tonight. Say a prayer for our leaders, won't you? Someone has to get us going in the right direction again.

Stamp: Maggie with Flowers by Sugar Nellie
Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black
Papers: PTI Lemon Tart, Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, SS White, and misc. dp
Accessories: Copic Markers, Bassil precut strips, misc. flowers, Stamping Bella bling, SU Piercing kit

3 comments:

Janet said...

Its crazy out there in this day and age!! I am so glad it wasn't you but i am sad for your fellow employees!!
HUGS!!!

Jenn said...

Sorry to hear that Hope! I'm hoping things get better soon though!

Your card is very sweet!

Take Care~Jenn

pat said...

Sorry to hear about your friends...It's hard right now and it could very easily be anyone of us right now...
Your card is adorable!

Lots of HUGS & PRAYERS!!