Monday, January 5, 2009

Slow Down...

I have so many favorite Bella images and Yertle is definitely one of them. I have used it a dozen times, but I still love to get it out. Tonight, I decided to cut up this wonderful Daisy Bucket Designs paper and piece Yertle together. It's so hard for me to cut into some pieces of dp, do you have that problem? I want to use them, but I want to save them too. Decisions, decisions.

Did you see my new picture? What do you think of these beautiful girls? They are my nieces and my sister took this photo of us while we were on the beach after Christmas. We had such a wonderful time, they are the best girls. I have lots of fun stories I could bore you with, but here is my favorite...we had MP3 players for the girls, little tiny 2 mg ones. I had taken them out of the packaging and loaded some music on them. So, my 9 year-old niece took hers out of the gift bag and said, "Oh, thank-you, thank-you!" She was so excited. I said, "Do you know what that is?" and she said, "I have absolutely no idea." That made me laugh. She was really happy when she knew what it was! :)

Hope your Monday was a happy one. One day of our five-day work week down...four to go. Hang in there! Thanks for stopping by the blog.

Stamps: Yertle and sentiment by Stamping Bella
Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black
Papers: SU Mellow Moss and Blush Blossom, PTI SS White, Daisy Bucket Designs dp
Accessories: Copic Markers, Nestablities, CB embossing folder, SU Punch-outs, SU punch, stamping dimensionals

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Hope I love the new picture it is adorable!! Love this card also and the paper piecing.

Giffysk8s said...

I love the paper piecing! You did a fantastic job, which must have been difficult since the pieces are so tiny.

Love the photo and the story! She is such a sweet, polite girl! I am glad she likes the MP3 player. I know how excited you were to give them to both of your nieces!

Laurel said...

I did notice the new pic, cute girls! Love the turtle on you card, she looks so adorable with the paper piecing!

ChichiBoulie said...

that turtle is gorgeous! So sweet. I do understand not wanting to cut into things. I'm like that with fabric, which unfortunately takes up slightly more room than paper. And I now have bins of it stashed around the house! :D

Lynn said...

OMG this is adorable! I Love everything about this turtle card, everything! The new picture of you and your nieces is very cute and the story about her Christmas gift made me laugh, thanks!
I really enjoy your blog!