Monday, November 3, 2008

Love and Peace

This is a very special card. It's special because it's the first card I've made with my Hearty Tree stamp and it's special because I love sketches with circles. But the really special thing about this card is that I sliced into my last sheet of So Saffron cardstock to make it. Yikes! How did I let that happen? I was certain that I had another package, but I don't, so I placed an emergency SU order on Saturday night. What a scary feeling! I just can't have enough yellow cardstock around me, that's for sure.

I had to laugh when I was working on this. My husband just shakes his head over all of this Bella challenge talk. He's sweet and patient, but he doesn't get it. Last night, I had the laptop open with the sketch up on the screen while I was working on my card. Brent came in and said, "Hey, that looks like the diagram. I get it, sketch challenge, huh?" But, he didn't understand why I was able to choose any colors I wanted. It must sound like a foreign language to a non-SCS'er! Hope you've had a great day!

Stamps: Stamping Bella Hearty Tree, Stamping Bella sentiment, SU Beyond the Basics
Ink: SU Rose Red, Staz-on Timber Brown, Adirondack Pitch Black
Papers: SU So Saffron, Close to Cocoa, SU Watercolor, PTI SS white
Accessories: SU Markers, Aquaflow pen, Glitter paint, Spica Markers, SU punches nestabilities, Stamping Bella silver metallic bonbons, Big Bite, Talored Expressions Twill, SU Piercing kit, stamping dimensionals




SCS Bella Sketch Challenge #53

3 comments:

Janet said...

as always a nice card! So saffron is one of my fave colours to use too!!
hugs

Giffysk8s said...

Such a cute stamp and card!

Lori said...

Love your card and that stamp