Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My First Tilda and Some News

Here is my firstTilda card. She's a sweet image. I finally broke down and ordered one...or ten...a few weeks ago.

I have a couple of bits of news to share so bear with me for a minute, if you will. The first is that there will be a new Bella challenge introduced on the SCS Bella forum on Saturday. Laura will be hosting a challenge on the first Saturday of each month called "Bella's Favorite Stamper." Each month, one stamper will be chosen and the rest of the sistahs will choose one Bella card from that sistah's gallery to CASE. The featured sistah will receive a $20 credit from Emily's store! I'm so excited about this challenge. We have talented sistahs out there and I can't wait to start recognizing them! If you'd like to be a featured stamper, just use a Bella stamp to make a card and upload it to the SCS site using the keyword bellas or stampingbellas. We'll be looking through the galleries and choosing a different stamper each month. See? Easy and fun!

The second bit of news is that Sparkle has decided she will not be doing the color challenges anymore. She has so many new stamping adventures in store for her that her talents will be taking her to new places. We are so grateful that we have had her as long as we have. On Thursday, Nov. 13, I will begin hosting the color challenges. I am excited to start this new stamping adventure of my own. I love my Bellahs and am eager to support my sistahs in any way that I can.

The last piece of news is personal. Two weeks from today I will be attending the Conference for Second Grade Teachers in Orlando, Florida. Do you know what that means? That means that two weeks from Saturday I will be going to Disneyworld for the first time in my life...all by myself! I'm so, so excited! I have always wanted to go! My family has lived all over the United States, I even lived in Tampa, but I have never been to Disneyworld. I will be at the conference on Thursday and Friday and then I'll be at the park on Saturday. I don't mind going by myself, that's how it has worked out and that's okay with me. If you live in Orlando and you know of any stamp stores I can get to on Thursday or Friday night, please let me know. That's my kind of magical trip!

That reminds me of a story. Some church friends of ours went to Disney recently. They have the cutest two year-old daughter named Maggie. The cutest, believe me. Anyway, Maggie wanted to meet Cinderella as soon as they walked into Magic Kingdom so, of course, they did. For the rest of the day, every time they saw Cinderella, Maggie would wave and yell, "Hey, Cinderella, It's me, Maggie!" She was so frustrated that Cinderella didn't remember her! I love that.

Oh, if you're still reading this post, you really are my friend! Don't forget to check Em's store. She has a BUNCH of new stamps and she is offering free shipping on orders over $45 through November 4!

Have a great night!

Stamp: Tilda in Swirling Flowers by Magnolia Stamps
Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black
Papers: PTI Lemon Tart, SU Only Orange, misc. dp
Accessories: Copic Markers, SU Piercing kit, Prima Flowers, Stamping Bella dot, stamping dimensionals

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Hey! I hope you have a fabulous time in the Magic Kingdom. We took the kids on Sunday for my son's
4th birthday. You will have so much fun!

Giffysk8s said...

Oh, Hope~Your card is so pretty! I haven't taken the Tilda plunge yet, though there are about 10 of them on my wish list!

Congrats on joining the Bella team! I look forward to your color challenges!

Boy, am I jealous that you are going to Disney World. I love it there! I am soooooo tempted to hop on a plane and join you!

Laurel said...

Love the card! Have fun in Disneyworld and I cand wait to see what color challenges you come up with!

Sparkle said...

I laughed really hard when you said one tilda or maybe 10! I'm glad you've joined the Magnolia crowd, lol.

Have so much fun at Disney World. I've never been, since I live on the West Coast...but I have always wanted to see the Epcot Center. Can't wait to see all of your pics! And don't forget Mickey ears, lol.