Sunday, October 26, 2008

Merry Christmas, Myrtle Beach Style!

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love the ocean. It is one of the best things about being living back home in North Carolina. Last year, my family and I packed everything up--tree stockings, gifts, elderly grandmother, young nieces, and headed to the Prince Resort in Cherry Grove, SC for Christmas. We had such a wonderful time! There is something incredible about waking up on Christmas morning and spotting dolphins off the pier as you are looking out of your balcony window. Sigh...I just love it!

This year, we are headed back to Cherry Grove for Christmas. Hey, it works for me! When I saw Taylor's challenge, I immediately thought of beachy images. But, I built the card around this bright, fun ribbon I bought at Michael's It looks like it it was made for a beach card to me.

Do you have any special plans for Christmas, new unique traditions? Old unique traditions? I'd love to hear about them. There is nothing like Christmas. Have a great Sunday afternoon!

Hey, speaking of unique and fun Christmas, how about a snowman cupcake card? Or a sweet reindeer cuppie on your holiday cards? Check out Taylor's new release, the stamps are all so adorable and unusual. I can not wait to get my order!

Stamps: SU On the Beach
Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black
Papers: SU YoyoYellow, Tempting Turquoise, Real Read, Gable Green, and PTI SS white
Accessories: Copic Markers, SU Punches, CB embossing folders, American Crafts ribbon, Bazzill precut strips, stamping dimensionals

Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #39


5 comments:

Catherine said...

Hope, love your take on Taylor's challenge...too cute!

Kathryn said...

What an adorable card -- love the waves and the images -- the ribbon is perfect!! So cute!! :)

Taylor VanBruggen said...

So cute! I love the waves you created! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Vicki Burns said...

This card is soooo you! I love it!

Jenn said...

So cute!!! I love the waves! :D