Thursday, October 2, 2008

For my Fishin' Fella





My husband will be leaving Saturday for the best of trips, or the worst of trips, depending on your point of view. He and five buddies will be travelling to Portsmouth Island to spend six days fishing. They won't have any electricity and they'll be sleeping in cabins near the beach. I am so grateful to be staying at home, but I know he's excited. The view will be beautiful, the bathrooms will not...be air conditioned! Yuck!

I made this card for him so he'll know that I'm thinking of him. I'll write a note on the inside so I can remind him that he can't come in the house until I've had the chance to hose him off in the yard. Can you imagine what he and his belongings will smell like?

The colors for the color challenge are More Mustard, Really Rust, and Pale Plum. I don't do well with Pale Plum or Perfect Plum but I keep trying. I used Crystal Effects to glue the More Mustard dp on the back of the clear heart and then I sanded the edges to finish it off. I also used Crystal Effects on the boot. I only embossed part of the backing, saw that trick on the Taylored Expressions website this weekend. And, I used a row of brass "studs" instead of ribbon because it's a card for a man. Thanks for looking!

Stamp: StacyFishaFella by Stamping Bella
Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black
Papers: More Mustard, Really Rust, Pale Plum, and dp, and PTI SS White
Accessories: Copic Markers, Nestabilities, SU Punches, Misc. brads, Misc. heart charm. CB embossing folder, Crystal Effects

Bella Color Challenge #48

1 comment:

Giffysk8s said...

This is so cute...um, I mean handsome! And yes, he will need to be hosed!LOL