Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Sweet Pink Confection


I have been obsessed with this stamp ever since I first saw it. I love cupcakes. Gosh, I even love the word "cupcake", there's something about it. I have almost ordererd this stamp a dozen stamps, but I finally bought it when my husband and I went to see his family this weekend. We went to Stamper's Alley in Mooresville, NC and he patiently waited on the porch while I shopped. They even gave me a 20% discount because my birthday was in August. So, it was meant to be! I find myself wanting to paint this stamp and paper-piece it. I want to color it and put applique on it. It's so much fun!

Tonight, I paper-pieced the cupcake liners. Then I colored three of the tops and appliqued the remaining two. Oh, and I added two of those lovely new Creative Impression flowers to the final card. I know I'll be making a lot of cards with this great stamp!

Stamp: Cupcakes by Impression Obsession
Ink: Memento tuxedo Black
Papers: SU Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, PTI SS White, Daisy Bucket Designs dp
Accessories: Copic Markers, Liquid Applique, Stamping Bella Ribbon, Creative Impression flowers, Misc. brads, big bite, stamping dimensionals, CB embossing folder, SU Ribbon slot punch Copic Airbrush system, SU Marker and airbrush system

SCS Sketch Challenge #192

4 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

I am with you on the cupcake thing. This is adorable! Another great card by Miss Hope! I need to talk to you about using the applique stuff. I keep learning new things from you everyday!

Laurel said...

As I said on SCS, Awesome card!!! I love it, love everything about it!

Anonymous said...

That applique is great - it looks terrific on the cupcakes. Beautiful card!

Jenn said...

Ooohhhh I love cupcakes too!!! ;D I love this image, it's so sweet! And your cupcakes look too beautiful to eat and I love the paper pieced liners!!! :D Great card Hope!!! :D