Sunday, September 7, 2008

Look, Ma! No Stamps!

One thing that makes me happy is learning a great new stamping trick. Today, I discovered this pattern. How awesome is it? Check out the original card by CardCrazy. I was drawn to it immediately. I have always loved dresses, I think it's a throwback to my Barbie days. I used to collect dress stamps and I think it's why I was originally taken by the Bellas.

I changed the dp's and the ribbon. I pierced the punched corners instead of putting brads in them. Then I decided that my card needed a punch of color, so I added some scalloped circles and my favorite embellishment of all--buttons! This dress is so great--and it wasn't really that hard! What a great find!

To follow up yesterday's post, and because I know you're dying to know...the Wolfpack brought home the "W", as my husband says. Whew! Go Pack! We were pretty happy! Last year was a rough season for our boys and this year looks to be more of the same. (We got a great new coach last year and there are lots of transition pains.) So, we'll take a win when one comes our way, especially a win at home.

Papers: SU So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Creamy Caramel, DP
Accessories: SU Punches, misc. buttons, SU Creamy Caramel ribbon, SU paper piercing kit

Featured Stamper Challenge #83

1 comment:

Giffysk8s said...

Oh my gosh!!! I immediately printed the pattern, the sample, and your sample! This is just so fabulous! I know you love the dresses. You must have had so much fun making this! Wish I could have watched you!