Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hold on to Each Other

Today, Sparkle's color challenge card was a tribute of sorts to the first responders of 9/11. Me, being the big mushy bag of emotions that I am, took the colors and the theme as the challenge. In fact, I was so into it that I stamped the image this morning and packed it, along with a handful of Copic Markers, in my lunch bag so I could color it while I ate my sandwich. Here's what I came up with.

There are so many images in my mind when I think of 9/11. I've never been to Ground Zero, but I've been to the Pentagon many times. Somehow, thoughts of 9/11 are linked with the Murrah bombing. I've visited that Memorial too--my parents lived in Oklahoma City for many years. But, when I see how this card turned out, I guess it reminds me more of the Viet Nam wall than anything else. I hope it's okay for me to say that, that it's not too much of an overstatement. My father was in the Air Force for 30 years. He served several tours in Viet Nam and the Wall is a powerful image for me. So, I guess this is the memorial image that comes to my mind today.

The colors for the color challenge are: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Not Quite Navy, and Going Gray

Stamps: Best Friends Forevah by Tiddly Inks for Stamping Bella, sentiment by Stamping Bella
Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black
Papers: SU Not Quite Navy, Real Red, Going Gray, Tempting Turquoise, and PTI SS White
Accessories: Copic Markers, Nestabilities, CB embossing folder, SU punch, cropodile, misc. brads, SU Real Red ribbon, Stamping dimensionals

SCS Bella Color Challenge #45


1 comment:

Jenn said...

Beautiful card Hope! I love this sweet image and the colors are just perfect.