Friday, September 26, 2008

Chocolate or Vanilla?

Whew! Yay for Fridays! Happy Cupcake Day! This is the first time I've actually finished a card for the cupcake challenge on Friday so I already feel like I'm ahead of the game. I got to play with a new toy, some sparkle fibers on this card. I like them a lot! The owner of my LSS warned me that they would get everywhere, "even more than glitter", she said. LOL! Well, as a former elementary teacher I am terrified of glitter! So, I was cautious with these sparkle fibers.

I put the white liquid applique on the large cupcake then I reached into the fiber bag and took out the fiber by small pinches. I sprinkled it onto the liquid applique carefully then I turned the heat gun onto the applique. You can see the results. They really are shiny and fun.

Stamp: Mommy and Baby Cupcake by Stamping Bella
Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black
Papers: SU Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, PTI SS White, and Marcella K DP
Accessories: Copic Markers, Liquid Applique, Stickles, Sparkle Fiber, SU Pretty in Pink Ribbon, Stamping Bella dots, stamping dimensionals

Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #35

4 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

Oh so cute! You are so brave~glitter, flower flock, now fibers! I need to step out of my box and try some new things! LOL

Taylor said...

So cute, I'll take the one with the vanilla frosting! :)

Ida P. Krause said...

Vanilla for me...Love the DP and how you mixed and matched it on this card.

Kathryn said...

Fabulous card -- LOVE how you turned the sketch -- so cute! :)