Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Bit Unuusal

Now, here's something different. One of the copyeditors in our office is really into Halloween. She was born on October 31. She and her boyfriend got engaged last year on Halloween and, next week, we are throwing a Halloween-themed bridal shower for her. I wanted to make a quick, silly card for them, but I'm not real big on Halloween and my choices are sort of limited (anybody remember the SU Costume Bears? I've got 'em! No witches or things like that, though). I played around some--colored my HitchedaFella stamp as the Bride of Frankenstein and Frankenstein, stuff like that. But, I just wasn't sure of anything that I tried.

So, I went to Michael's, did some looking around, bought some dollar stamps and some jack o' lantern stickers and this is what I've come up with. I wanted her to look like she has a bouquet, what do you think? And, I'm hoping the veil looks more matrimonial than old ladyish. This has been an interesting experiment for me. Do you ever notice that you learn something new with each card that you make? Well, either way, I hope they like it!

1 comment:

Giffysk8s said...

This is too cute! You did a great job making them look like a bride and groom. I like the sentiment!