Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Stained Glass

I used to play with acetate a lot, but I haven't done anything with it for a while. Yesterday's technique challenge was new to me, but I wanted to give it a try. So, I got out my Flower Garden set from Papertrey Ink and made this card. I really like the look of the crystal effect paint on the acetate and I'll definitely try this again.

The blog may be post-free for a few days. Brent and I are going to New York for his nephew's wedding and I didn't get the chance to make any extra cards to post while I'm gone. We'll be back on Sunday. Have a great weekend!

Stamps: Flower Garden by Lisa Johnson for Papertrey Ink
Ink: Staz-On Jet Black, SU Pirouette Pink and Gable Green
Papers: SU Pirouette Pink and Pink Passion, PTI SS White, acetate
Accessories: SU Reinkers, Crystal Effects, SU punches, nestabilities, stamping dimensionals, Stamping Bella baubles

SCS Technique Challenge 181

2 comments:

Jenn said...

So stunning!!! Love the fun colors, your card is just so beautiful. I have something for you on my blog, so come check it out when you get a chance! :D Hope all is well with you! :D

Giffysk8s said...

I have never played with acetate before. This is so interesting~such a window-like look! Love the sentiment, too!