Thursday, August 21, 2008

A New Use for an Old Favorite


We had a great time at the Bella Bash last night, hope you made it! Shannan gave us a fun challenge and, contrary to my personality, I decided to start with it even though it's the second one. The challenge is to use school of office supplies on your card. Well, no doubt about it, my favorite of these is sticky notes. I buy them in all shapes, sizes, and colors--but I've never used one on a card.

So, here's my submission. I paper-pieced the girls' dresses on the pastel-colored small sticky note blocks. Then I used the bright-colored thin strips to make a rainbow-colored ribbon below the girls. Finally, I added brads to the four corners. What fun! I think I'll use sticky notes on cards more often.

Tomorrow's Friday, hooray! I can't wait to start Jamie's challenge...see you then!

Stamps: Jump for Joy by Tiddly Inks for Stamping Bella, Stamping Bella sentiment
Inks: Adirondack Pitch Black, SU Pixie Pink, So Saffron, and Certainly Celery
Papers: SU Ballet Blue, Glorious Green, Karen Foster Alphabet Jr. dp, and lots and lots of sticky notes
Accessories: Copic Markers, cropodile, brads, SU punches, SU YoYo Yellow ribbon, stamping dimensionals

SCS Bella Back to School Challenge #2

1 comment:

Giffysk8s said...

How super fun is this card?!! LOVE the rainbow of sticky notes! You did such a great job on this, Hope~makes me want to go back to the classroom!