Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Christmas in August

It's time to get back to my stamping roots and, boy, does it have me thinking. After all of the exploring I have been doing over the past several months, it's difficult to think of a card in terms of supplies that are only made by SU but, I love my SU supplies and this new Christmas stamp set is one of the reasons why. Oops, guess I should start from the beginning. I'll be having one of my infrequent SU demos the first weekend in September so I want to start playing with my new stamps and deciding what to show the crew. This is an option, but probably not something I'll stick with. The hostess requested a Christmas card and I want to show the pastels, but I'm not entirely happy with this color combo. I think it's the Bashful Blue that throws it off. Glad I started early! :)

I almost forgot to post an update from the Bella Back to School Bash. I was fortunate enough to win one of the challenges, can you believe that? All of the cards were so creative and cool! I think Shannan was being extra kind to me because it was my birthday, or maybe it was the Tiddly Inks image that charmed her. Either way, I was so surprised and pleased that she chose my card. Thanks, Shannan and Jamie for hosting such a fun party! I can't wait for the next one.

Stamps: SU Baby Jesus is Born
Ink: SU Basic Black
Paper: SU Whisper White, Creamy Caramel, Bashful Blue, Mellow Moss, and Brilliant Blue
Accessories: SU Piercing Kit, Pastels, Blender pens, cotton-tipped swabs

2 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

Oh...now I really want time to play! I have this stamp but haven't used it yet. This card is wonderful! I think I need to get that piercing kit from you!

Ramsey said...

so cute! i love the paper piercing and the soft colors!