Thursday, August 7, 2008

Boo!


Spooky, huh? I'm not a big Halloween person. As a teacher, I was just always trying to keep the peace until it was over! Let me tell you a story about a first-year teacher...the first year that I taught, I taught first grade. I thought it would be fun to dress in a costume for the class party. Well, there wouldn't be any time other than lunchtime to change, so I changed (into full clown gear) and went to pick my class up from the playground. Pure chaos. Total. ALL afternoon. Oh, the things I learned that year...I miss those kids so much! Good grief, some of them are teaching school now! Can you believe that?

Anyway, the owner of the company I now work for was born on October 31, so we do it up big at work. We stop everything at 10:00 and people put on costumes, trick or treat from cubicle to cubicle, and eat punch and cookies. We even have a big jack o'lantern carving contest with cash prizes. Because we have lots of professional artists in our office, the pumpkins can be pretty amazing.

So, back to matters at hand. The colors for the challenge are Basic Black, Really Rust, Gable Green, and Bashful Blue. As soon as I saw black, I thought of WitchyBella. I snuck some So Saffron in there because I needed it for a background color. My camera will not pick it up, but the black card base is cuttlebugged with my new webby embossing folder.

Stamp: Stamping Bella WitchyBella
Ink: Staz-On Jet Black
Papers: SU Basic Black, Really Rust, watercolor paper
Accessories: SU Markers, Aquaflow pen, Nestabilities, SU Punch, Stamping Bella dots, CB embossing folder, Big Bite, SU Basic Black Ribbon, Stickles

Bella Color Challenge #40

1 comment:

Giffysk8s said...

She is terrifically spooky! I love how you colored her dress. It is so water-colorey and cool! You did a great job!