Tuesday, July 29, 2008

In Honor of Your Birthday

Today is a special day. My sister and I are eleven months apart. Today is her birthday so, for the next three weeks, she and I are the same age! Happy Birthday, Jennifer! Now that you're catching up with me and we're both, well, older, I thought I'd make a card that would make us feel young at heart. Yesterday, I received my new stamps from Eat Cake Graphics and I could not wait to make a card featuring this wading pool, so I thought it was perfect timing! I hope you like it, Jennifer, and I hope your day was a great one!

To make the card, I colored the images with Prisma color pencils and Gamsol. But, to do the background, I used green and blue Stampin' Pastels--both wet and dry. The finished card is 4 1/2" x 7 1/2".


Stamps: Eat Cake Graphics: Gwendaline's Ready for the Sun, Jimmie's in Charge of the Hose, and Wading Pool
Ink: Staz-On Jet Black
Paper: SU Brilliant Blue, Whisper White, YoYo Yellow
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gina K. Gamsol, Blending stumps, SU punches, misc. ribbon, SU pastels, cotton swabs, SU Blender pen

3 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

Oh my word! I am just DYING over this card! SO CUTE! How big is it? I know you said the stamps are small. Where the images hard to color? I really love how you colored this. So soft yet so lively! Did you make up the sentiment? It is too cute!

BTW: happy birthday, Jennifer!

tbowen1 said...

Just wait - you'll be older again in three weeks!! Gorgeous card, though, making me feel young all over again.

(Thanks, giffsk8s!)

Jennifer

Jenn said...

Super adorable!!! I love this image!!! :D