Saturday, July 5, 2008

In Honor of Sisters

Last night, we met my sister and her family at my parents' house for a Fourth of July celebration. My nieces had the chance to play with their first sparklers before the rain finally took over. They are so much fun to watch! When I woke up, I thought about making a card with this image, because it reminds me of them. So, this one is in honor of Helen and Sarah.

I've been practicing with my colored pencils, so I thought I'd use them this morning. The coloring seemed to be a better match for the designer paper. One thing that made it easier today was using the blending stumps that I bought from Gina K's sight. She said that they are different and I'd say she's right. I'm not as comfortable with the pencils as I am with the Copic markers, but maybe I'll get there.

Stamps: Best Friends Forevah by Tiddly Inks for Stamping Bella, image by Stamping Bella
Ink: Staz-on Jet Black
Papers: SU Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Rose Red, Barely Banana, My Paper Studio Emily's Flowers
Accessories: SU Punches, Nestabilities, Kohinoor pencils, Gina K. Gamsol, blending stumps, Copic markers (for the skin), SU Barely Banana eyelets, Misc. eyelet, misc. flower charm, wire, wire kit, CB embossing folder, stamping dimensionals, and cropodile

3 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

SO SWEET! I especially love the little red accents with eyelets. What a great idea! You did a great job with the colored pencils.

tbowen1 said...

I think this is so cute - I may be prejudiced, of course, since you based it on my kids!

Jenn said...

I love this sweet image!!!! Love the colors you chose and you did a fab job coloring!!! :D