Saturday, July 12, 2008

High-Flying Imogen

This afternoon, I wanted to do another product test. I love working with twinkling H2O's, so I was excited to see the Pearlescent paint palette on the My Favorite Things site. I haven't had the chance to play with it though, so I got it out today.

I stamped Imogen the Fairy (by Chichiboulie for Stamping Bella) and used my Copics to color her skin, hair, and a blue outline. Then I started painting. I was disappointed in the way the paints blended, or didn't blend, and I feel like I didn't get any depth in the final image. With Twinkling H2O's, it's fairly easy to "melt" two colors together, but this was not the case with these paints. They may work well with images that only require one color and no blending or shading but, as you can see, they left this poor fairy looking pretty flat. Of course, someone else may be able to get more out of them than I did.

To make up for the lack of interest in the color, I added adhesive jewels and a pearl to the final image. Then I put some scalloped layers and a pretty dp layer in. the final card is kind of over the top! But, I know the perfect frilly lady to send it to.

Stamps: Imogen the Fairy by Chichiboulie for Stamping Bella, sentiment by Stamping Bella
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers: PTI Lemon Tart and SS White, SU Bashful Blue, and EK Success Beach Blanket dp
Accessories: nestabilities, Copic markers, pearlescent paints, misc. adhesive jewels, PTI lemon tart ribbon, SU punches, SU piercing kit, and Martha Stewart border punch

No comments: