Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fluffy and Sweet

Tonight's card is a quick product test. I bought a new-to-me bottle of TSC Designs Puffy 3-D Glue that I've been wanting to try so I stamped and colored this sweet cupcake stamp from Lockhart stamps. Then I dabbed some glue on each cupcake, topped each one with a glitter dot from Stamping Bella, and hit the whole image with my heat gun. I am delighted with the results! If I had a better camera you would see how frothy and fluffy the icing appears to be. To me, it's much more impressive than liquid applique, although it seemed more difficult to squeeze the product out than it is to squeeze liquid applique. The label says that the glue can be mixed with paint to get different colors, but I think the white is really cute. And, how can you beat the pow of the glitter dot on top? Overall, I'd say the product test is a success.

Stamps: cupcake stamp and sentiment by Lockhart Stamp Co
ink: Adirondack Pitch Black
Papers: SU Pretty in Pink, Pixie Pink, Daisy Bucket Designs Doodlin' Daisies dp
Accessories: Nestabilities, Copic Markers, SU eyelets, cropodile, Puffy 3-D glue, heat gun, misc. ribbon, Stamping Bella dots, CB embossing folder

3 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

YUM! Another new "Hope thing" for me to try. What a precious card!

Ramsey said...

These cupcakes look like you could just eat them right off the card! I love the CB background!

Jenn said...

Yummy cupcakes!!! I love the CB background! :D