Monday, July 7, 2008

Flowers, and Stripes, and Buttons, Oh my!


I taught elementary school for 12 years and one of the leftovers from my classroom is a giant jar of buttons--Two of them, if I'm honest. I love buttons! Every time I get near embellishments, I purchase them and, yet, I reach for those old, worn out, button jars all of the time, can't help it.

So, tonight is Bella Sketch Challenge #36 and here is my card. Notice the three buttons in the corner. I tried other things, but the buttons just did the trick for me. I did reverse the sketch because Maisy's Daisy is on the left and I wanted to cover its stem instead of her legs and shoes. Isn't she the prettiest thing? Leave it to a Chichiboulie fairy to pull off a pink jumpsuit!

Stamps: Maisy Sunshine by Chichiboulie for Stamping Bella, Perk Me Up Daisy by Stamping Bella, sentiment by Stamping Bella
Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black
Papers: SU Cameo Coral, Apricot Appeal, Garden Green, and DP; PTI SS White
Accessories: Nestabilities, Copic Markers, SU punches, misc. buttons, stamping dimensionals

No comments: