Friday, June 13, 2008

Back to the Beach!

This weeks' color challenge took me back to my beach theme. Sparkle chose Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, and Brilliant Blue for us this week. Anyone who knows me knows that this one was tough! I'm a huge NC State Wolfpack fan and it's really tough to see my beloved red on a card with Duke Blue and a color that is almost Tarheel Blue...can you see it? Is it just me? I guess it's the red, white, and blue time of year,though, isn't it?

I hope you had the chance to hit Ellen Hutson's Friday the 13th sale today. I ordered a beach chair stamp (more beach themes!) and a cupcake stamp. Since I've been reading Marianne's Copic marker blog everyday, I've really become interested in the Lockhart stamps. I especially like the vegetable and flower couture, but I don't have any of those. Someday, maybe!

Stamps: Stamping Bella Beachabella, My Favorite Things sentiment
Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black
Papers: SU Whisper White Textured-in Brilliant Blue, Real Red, and Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Copic markers, nestabilities, misc. brads, Making Memories ribbon

1 comment:

Giffysk8s said...

Darling card! I am not sure about using these colors, either--but you made it look easy! They are the perfect beachy/summertime/fourth-of-July colors. That's how I picture you at Myrtle Beach with your friends! :)